If you are thinking about giving someone a gift card for psychic readings this holiday season, please consider the following:
1. NEVER give out your real date of birth. Psychics, unless they are doing an astrological birth chart for you, do NOT need them. It's a common scam. Only get an astrological reading from someone you know well and trust.
2. Research a site before you make a payment. A lot of scammers create sites this year to rip people off, so be sure that the company is legitimate and has a good reputation
3. NEVER send cash through the mail. If a site asks to you to do this, RUN not walk away.
4. Make sure that your gift is refundable or at the very least transferable. That way, if the person you're giving it to doesn't like it, they can get the money and do something else or pass it on to someone who will appreciate it.
5. A world of caution: Unless the psychic has an office or does public appearances, she/he should never ask you to meet them in person. If you are invited to a private meeting, please be sure that it is for an event that is legitimate and is being held in a public place. NEVER meet someone in a private setting.
Best of luck and have a very happy holiday!